Haiti Nursing Foundation Update
On Nov 4th, the Haitian ursing school that MaAOHN supports graduted 35 BSN and 12 Family Nurse Practitioners - wow! These graduates will fill a critical need in Haiti.
There is another medical mission going to Haiti in March. If you know anyone interested: http://www.mobilemissionhaiti.org/
Are you a sewer? Jan Conrod is organizing our effort to send the team with homemade bags to carry their medications and vitamins home in. Give her a call at (617) 489-1247.
This is the wish list for the mission:
- Tooth brushes and toothpaste
- Vitamins (childrens', adult, and prenatal formulations)
- Anti-fungal and anti-biotic cream
- Saline eye drops and nasal spray
- Tums, Zantac, and Pepcid (brand name or generic)
- Reading glasses and sunglasses
- Over-the-counter pain relievers, Tylenol & Motrin (adult, child & infant formulation)
- Clean, empty prescription bottles
- Non-aerosole insect repellant with DEET