Call TODAY to support th Nursing Licensure Compact
Dear Nursing Advocate,
The Massachusetts Nurse Licensure Compact bill will be heard tomorrow by the Joint Committee on Public Health. Please Take action and support the NLC! by contacting your State Representative and Senator to show your support. Since personal letters are most impactful, we encourage you to personalize your letter, including your reasons for supporting the NLC. Also, feel free to use the following bits of information to enhance your letter:
• I am urging your support of H.1188/S.1162: An Act relative to Nurse Licensure Compact in Massachusetts because I support the advancement of the practice of nursing in our state.
• As a nurse, I see many benefits to Massachusetts joining the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), including the expansion of telemedicine, decreasing health care spending and improving patient safety and outcomes.
• Similar to the national driver’s license compact, the Nurse Licensure Compact allows nurses to have one multistate license in the state where they reside, with the privilege to practice in their home state and all other states that are members of the NLC.
• Rhode Island, Maine and New Hampshire, along with 22 other states, are already members of the NLC. Now is the time for our state to join the Compact
• There are 14,000 nurses currently residing in Massachusetts who hold a license in another state and would benefit from this legislation.
Thank you for your continued support,