Lots of interesting stuff posted on the MaAOHN website.
Check out the photos from FAME & the Stop the Bleed Program.
Register for some great upcoming conferences.
- April 30-May 1 Workers comp conference in Waltham
- Oct 3-5: Northeast AOHN Conference (My favorite conference) in NJ
- Nov 29-30: NECOEM/MaAOHN Conference
A huge show of appreciation to the FAME Presenters!
Thank you so much to Attorney Debra Dyleski-Najjar.
She presented on confidentiality. This was a wonderful presentation with great information. Comments included: Fantastic speaker, excellent presentation, very important topic.
Debra thanks for your continued generosity in educating occupational health nurses.
Debra Dyleski-Najjar, Esq.
Najjar Employment Law Group, P.C.
869 Turnpike Street, Suite 209-211
North Andover, MA 01845
Phone: (978) 655-3949 extn. 202
Thank you to Sheri Martinelli PA-C, PT/AT presenting: Common Workplace Foot/Ankle Injuries & Initial Triage & Treatments.
This was an excellent program that increased our assessment, triage and treatment skills.
Sheri works for Boston Sports and Shoulder.
Boston Sports & Shoulder Center
840 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
P: (781) 890-2133 F: (781) 890-2177
40 Allied Drive, Dedham, MA 02026
P: (617) 264-1100 F: (617) 264-1101
123 Waterhouse Road, Bourne, MA 02532
Thank you to Gail Carchietta RN, COHN-S, FAAOHN for presenting Mental Health Ambassadors and Mental Health First Aid for the Workplace. It was very informative.
5 Step plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen without judgement
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
Thank you so much to Mary Taschner, Anya Taschner and Patrick Doyle for your amazing presentation.
Comments: wow! Impactful! Really helpful! Thanks so much for sharing.
Patrick Doyle LICWS
Opioid Coaching for Families
Thank you to Larry Dapsis who spoke on “Of Mice and Bugs..” – Pests in the Workplace
Comments – interesting, great info on prevention, fun & informative.
Deer Tick Project Coordinator – Entomologist
Cape Cod Cooperative Extension
Thank you to Peter Barletta from OSHA.
His presentation included tough recordkeeping questions.
Comments: well done, very helpful, always good to hear from an expert
Peter Barletta, CAS, CSP
U.S. Department of Labor –OSHA
639 Granite Street
Braintree, MA 02184
- Whether an injury or illness (or related event) is work-related
- Whether an event or exposure at home or on travel is work-related
- Whether an exception applies to the injury or illness
- Whether a work-related injury or illness needs to be recorded
- Which provisions of the regulations apply when recording a work-related case
Recordkeeping & Reporting
- Requirements: www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/index.html
- OSHA Poster: www.osha.gov/Publications/poster.html
- Forms: www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/RKforms.html
- OSHA Inspections: (fact sheet) https://www.osha.gov/pls/publications/publication.html
- Hazard Communication Safety Data Sheets: www.osha.gov/pls/publications/publication.athruz?pType=Industry&pID=96
Thank you to Kristen Rzasa from Interplay Health for bringing the essential oils. It was really nice to learn more about the use of essential oils and the health benefits as well as getting a chance to sample the oils.